JOB TITLE:Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer Supervisor
DEPARTMENT:Department of the Army
AGENCY:U.S. Army Reserve Command
|$25.85 to $30.18 / Per Hour|
|Friday, August 16, 2013 to Thursday, August 29, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Temporary NTE One Year|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Baton Rouge, LA United States
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
You could experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the United States Army Reserve Military Technician Program. As a Citizen Soldier, you are employed by the Department of Army as a civilian working a normal full-time workweek with all the benefits available to a Federal service employee to include health and life insurance, retirement and Thrift Savings Plan, and accrual of leave (annual, sick and military). When duty calls, you can proudly put on the uniform as a military service member of the United States Army Reserve and receive the pay and benefits associated with the military assignment. As a member of the United States Army Reserve, you are required to perform military duty one weekend a month and at least fourteen days a year of annual training. In your civilian position, you perform work in direct support of the US Army Reserve in an administrative, professional or maintenance related position. As a US Army Reserve Military Technician, you are a vital link in the chain of command of the United States Army Reserve and civil service, working with professionals like yourself at locations around the world or as close as next door. As a civilian Military Technician you are one of the most important keys to combat readiness; as an Army Reservist you have the opportunity to perform military duty to defend and to serve your country by performing military duty when needed.
This Position is Located at:
The 81st Regional Support Command, Area Maintenance Support Activity 97 located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
About the Surrounding Area:
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Lousiana's vibrant culture. The state capital, Baton Rouge, is a thriving city that is home to both LSU and Southern University and numerous businesses and industrial facilities. Known for its great people, its unique food and its lively music, Red Stick has something for everyone - including a local government that cares.
Description of the Working Environment:
Work is performed primarily in a maintenance shop setting.
Who May Apply:
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- The business travel requirement is 15 percent.
- This position requires a Secret Security Investigation.
- Moving expenses will not be authorized.
Department of the Army
Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic
The Duties of this Position Include:
· Planning weekly and monthly work schedules and sequence of operations for subordinate organizations.
· Establishing deadlines and priorities and determining the number of assignments that can be done concurrently and which ones must be delayed.
· Developing performance standards, counseling employees on performance and making formal and informal performance appraisals.
· Explaining work requirements, methods, procedures and instructing subordinates in new procedures.
· Investigating work related problems to identify causes and implement corrective actions.
· Determining equipment, supplies and maintenance required and ensuring material is ordered and delivered to work sites so as not to delay work.
· Interviewing candidates, making selections, initiating proposals for formal disciplinary action, counseling employees on problems/complaints and identifying training needs.
This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968 which makes it a felony for anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence to ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms or ammunition. Civilian personnel of the Department of Defense are not exempt from this provision. This includes Protection from Abuse (PFA) Orders.
Interpret manuals and diagrams to complete basic maintenance tasks.
Follow verbal directions to assist others with completing maintenance tasks.
Follow written directions to complete basic tasks.
Assist with oil change on vehicles.
Insure tire pressure is properly maintained.
Replace headlamps on vehicles.
Assist higher graded mechanics on repairs on vehicles.